Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed November 6, 2013
Social Security, Back In The Spotlight
With the next big federal budget battle looming, there’s a lot of talk this time that Social Security and other entitlement programs must be part of any debt-reduction conversation. But other voices are pushing back, saying this is the wrong place to look for savings - given the vital importance of this program to so many Americans.
- Robert Bixby - Executive Director of the Concord Coalition, a nonpartisan organization that promotes fiscal responsibility in Washington and helps educate the public about the federal budget.
- David Certner - Legislative Council and Director of Legislative Policy for Government Affairs for AARP.
Around the Nation