Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- In Lincoln, A New Resort Arises On Former Paper Mill Site
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- NPR's Clock Changes: Morning Edition's New Sound Means More New Hampshire News
Wed November 6, 2013
Social Security, Back In The Spotlight
With the next big federal budget battle looming, there’s a lot of talk this time that Social Security and other entitlement programs must be part of any debt-reduction conversation. But other voices are pushing back, saying this is the wrong place to look for savings - given the vital importance of this program to so many Americans.
- Robert Bixby - Executive Director of the Concord Coalition, a nonpartisan organization that promotes fiscal responsibility in Washington and helps educate the public about the federal budget.
- David Certner - Legislative Council and Director of Legislative Policy for Government Affairs for AARP.
Around the Nation