Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed November 6, 2013
Social Security, Back In The Spotlight
With the next big federal budget battle looming, there’s a lot of talk this time that Social Security and other entitlement programs must be part of any debt-reduction conversation. But other voices are pushing back, saying this is the wrong place to look for savings - given the vital importance of this program to so many Americans.
- Robert Bixby - Executive Director of the Concord Coalition, a nonpartisan organization that promotes fiscal responsibility in Washington and helps educate the public about the federal budget.
- David Certner - Legislative Council and Director of Legislative Policy for Government Affairs for AARP.
Around the Nation