Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Spring Book Picks 2015
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- After Six Generations, Making Sure The Family Farm Stays A Farm Forever
Tue February 19, 2008
Socrates Exchange: What does Love of Country Mean?
What does it mean to love one’s country? Does it mean that you’d make the ultimate sacrifice for it? Serving in the government or volunteering for your fellow citizens? To criticize your country when you think its heading in the wrong direction? Nationalism? Patriotism? Today we kick off our monthly series we are calling “Socrates Exchange,” where we use the Socratic method of inquiry to gain better understanding.
- Chris Phillips, author of several books on philosophy including “Socrates in Love”, “Socrates Café: A Fresh Taste of Philosophy” and “Six Questions of Socrates: A Modern-Day Journey of Discovery through World Philosophy”. Chris Phillips also leads “Socrates Cafes” across the country which engages groups by using the methods of the ancient Greek philosopher.