Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
Mon November 4, 2002
Sounds of the Stretch Run
If you haven't seen an earnest and energetic campaign worker waving a sign today, you probably haven't left your house.
In a last ditch effort to rally the committed and sway the undecided, the candidates and their supporters have been covering as much ground as they possibly can and as visibly as they can.
In the tight race for U.S. Senate, Governor Jeanne Shaheen spent the waning hours in Merrimack, Concord and Bedford. Congressman John Sununu was in Nashua, leading a rally attended by former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.
Dover, Franklin and New London received gubernatorial Republican candidate Craig Benson while his Democratic opponent, Mark Fernald made his last minute pitch in Manchester and Nashua.
NHPR's Josh Rogers captured the closing sounds of the campaign and prepared this audio postcard.