Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri March 14, 2014
Speculation Grows That Scott Brown Set To Enter N.H. Senate Race
There’s growing speculation that former Massachusetts U.S. Senator Scott Brown is set to enter the race for U.S. Senate here in New Hampshire.
Fox News confirmed earlier today that Brown terminated his contract after telling the network he was forming an exploratory committee to run for Senate in New Hampshire.
Brown would have to take on several Republican candidates before getting the chance to run against Democrat Jeanne Shaheen in November.
One of those Republican candidates is former U.S. Senator Bob Smith, who said today that he doesn’t think New Hampshire voters will support Brown’s policies.
“This ain’t Massachusetts; this is New Hampshire. And I would just say no way. I just don’t see people buying this stuff.”
Smith was speaking at the Northeast Republican Leadership Conference in Nashua, which got underway this morning.
Brown is scheduled to speak later today at the conference, which runs through Saturday evening.