Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Around the Nation
Fri May 2, 2014
Squirrel Selfie Doesn't End So Well
Originally published on Tue May 6, 2014 11:38 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep.
Next time you think of photographing a squirrel, remember it doesn't know how to say no pictures. A teenager was in Tampa looking at colleges and spotted a squirrel. He took a selfie, himself with the squirrel. The camera flash scared the animal which leaped into a place to hide - inside the young man's shirt. It clutched his back. The teen threw himself on the ground. The squirrel ran off, possibly shaking its head about paparazzi.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.