Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Fri July 11, 2014
On Stage: The Colorado Black Arts Festival
“On Stage” is our look at what’s happening on the boards across the country, from comedy shows to celebrations of slices of American life.
Today, we turn to the Colorado Black Arts Festival, kicking off in Denver today. The festival features three full stages with jazz, blues, reggae and gospel music, as well as traditional African drumming and dance.
Here & Now’s Robin Young speaks with former dancer Perry Ayers, who co-founded the festival 28 years ago and is now the artistic director, about what’s on tap for this weekend.
- Perry Ayers, Colorado Black Arts Festival co-founder and artistic director.