Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Tue February 11, 2014
Stalled Effort To Reopen Balsams Gets New Team Member
More than two years ago the Balsams closed, putting about 300 full and part-time employees out of work.
But now Les Otten, a Maine businessman and former owner of the American Skiing Company, is working on reopening the Balsams. He says he has an agreement with the resort’s two owners, Dan Hebert and Dan Dagesse.
“The agreement calls for the collaboration and the creation of a path and the redevelopment of the Balsams and it is all contingent on everything that any development plan would be continent on including interested third parties, final financial arrangements," he said.
It isn’t clear whether the project has enough financing.
Otten declined to discuss financial details of his involvement.