Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
Tue February 11, 2014
Stalled Effort To Reopen Balsams Gets New Team Member
More than two years ago the Balsams closed, putting about 300 full and part-time employees out of work.
But now Les Otten, a Maine businessman and former owner of the American Skiing Company, is working on reopening the Balsams. He says he has an agreement with the resort’s two owners, Dan Hebert and Dan Dagesse.
“The agreement calls for the collaboration and the creation of a path and the redevelopment of the Balsams and it is all contingent on everything that any development plan would be continent on including interested third parties, final financial arrangements," he said.
It isn’t clear whether the project has enough financing.
Otten declined to discuss financial details of his involvement.