Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Tue February 11, 2014
Stalled Effort To Reopen Balsams Gets New Team Member
More than two years ago the Balsams closed, putting about 300 full and part-time employees out of work.
But now Les Otten, a Maine businessman and former owner of the American Skiing Company, is working on reopening the Balsams. He says he has an agreement with the resort’s two owners, Dan Hebert and Dan Dagesse.
“The agreement calls for the collaboration and the creation of a path and the redevelopment of the Balsams and it is all contingent on everything that any development plan would be continent on including interested third parties, final financial arrangements," he said.
It isn’t clear whether the project has enough financing.
Otten declined to discuss financial details of his involvement.