Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Mon April 1, 2013
Stand Your Ground Loses Ground
Stand your ground - the controversial gun law that passed last year removed the obligation that a person first consider retreating before using deadly force in a public place. Last week, the New Hampshire house narrowly voted to repeal the law, but this effort faces a steep challenge in the Senate, while the national debate over gun laws continues.
- Stephen Shurtleff - Democratic Representative from Penacook and sponsor of the bill repealing the state’s Stand Your Ground law.
- David Boutin - Republican Senator from Hooksett and sponsor of the state’s Stand Your Ground law.