Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Downhill Racers: In The North Country A Tough, New Venue For Going Faster, Farther
Mon April 1, 2013
Stand Your Ground Loses Ground
Stand your ground - the controversial gun law that passed last year removed the obligation that a person first consider retreating before using deadly force in a public place. Last week, the New Hampshire house narrowly voted to repeal the law, but this effort faces a steep challenge in the Senate, while the national debate over gun laws continues.
- Stephen Shurtleff - Democratic Representative from Penacook and sponsor of the bill repealing the state’s Stand Your Ground law.
- David Boutin - Republican Senator from Hooksett and sponsor of the state’s Stand Your Ground law.