Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
- Downhill Racers: In The North Country A Tough, New Venue For Going Faster, Farther
Fri April 19, 2013
State, Nashua Police Helping With Bombing Suspect Search in Watertown, Mass.
New Hampshire State Police are in Massachusetts assisting with the search for a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing.
State police deployed its SWAT team and bomb squad to Watertown. Massachusetts State Police requested the assistance.
In addition, Nashua Police Lieutenant Michael Moushiegian says 30 officers with the department have been sent to to aid in the search.
He says the officers are with the department's Special Reaction Team and bomb unit.
"I imagine they're going to be relieving some existing teams," he said.
Watertown, the city of Boston and several surrounding communities are on lock down as the search continues. Public transit has also been shut down.
Moushiegian says the department is also dealing with a suspicious device at the Nashua Social Security office. He didn't have any information about whether that situation was under control.