Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
Thu October 3, 2013
State Reaches Agreement With Wentworth Marina Over Safety Violation
The Wentwoth by the Sea marina will pay $35,000 to settle violations because marina operators bypassed safety systems in order to fuel boats more quickly.
Senior Assistant Attorney General Allen Brooks, says the Wentworth Marina violated state regulations by connecting a fueling truck to their underground storage tank:
“This makes fueling faster, but it also poses safety problems.”
No fuel was spilled at the marina and evidence indicated that the improper fueling system may have only be used one time. But in announcing the deal attorney General Joseph Foster said his goal is to make sure such behavior does not take place in the future.
Under the deal approved by the Rockingham county superior court, the marina’s Limited Liability Company, Pier People, will refit their operations according to state regulations.