Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed February 13, 2013
The State Of The Union In 10 Headlines
Since what's said and written about a State of the Union address on the morning after can determine what's most remembered about such speeches, let's look at Wednesday's headlines:
-- NPR's It's All Politics: "Obama To Congress: With Or Without You."
-- The New York Times: "Obama Pledges Push to Lift Economy for Middle Class."
-- Politico: "Obama Calls For 'Common Sense' Solutions."
-- The Wall Street Journal: "Obama Urges Action On Expansive Agenda."
-- Bloomberg News: "Obama Paints Wider Role For Government In Middle Class."
-- BBC News: "Obama Pledges To Reignite Economy."
-- The Weekly Standard's Fred Barnes (conservative): "There He Goes Again."
-- Firedoglake's Kevin Gosztola (liberal): "Afghanistan Drawdown & the Covert Drone War."
We welcome headline suggestions. Add them in the comments thread.