Most Active Stories
- Portsmouth's Iconic Scrap Piles Are Gone For Good
- Capital Corridor Rail Study: Rail To Manchester a Good Deal, Concord Only So-So
- Keene Residents Discuss Riots, Weigh Future Of Pumpkin Festival
- ACA Open Enrollment Is Here...5 Tips For Shopping Your New Options
- As Snow Flies, N.H. Contemplates Using Less Salt
Around the Nation
Fri July 20, 2012
For Stockton, Calif., Bankruptcy 'Freezes Everything'
Originally published on Fri July 20, 2012 12:20 pm
Many cities around the country are faced with growing costs and shrinking revenue. Despite making sweeping cuts, Stockton, California recently became the largest city to file for bankruptcy. Host Michel Martin talks with Stockton Mayor Ann Johnston about how she's managing a city that's operating in the red.