Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Wed December 18, 2013
StoryCorps Founder David Isay
We're speaking with David Isay, StoryCorps founder and frequent contributor to NPR. His StoryCorps project's mission is to provide people of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories about their lives. Since 2003, StoryCorps has collected and archived more than 45,000 interviews. They are all preserved at the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress, and many have aired on NPR's Morning Edition. David Isay has written a new book, "Ties That Bind: Stories of Love and Gratitude From the First Ten Years of StoryCorps".
- David Isay - founder of StoryCorps. He has received numerous broadcasting honors, including six Peabody Awards and a MacArthur “Genius” Fellowship. His books include three bestsellers about StoryCorps: "Listening Is an Act of Love", "Mom: A Celebration of Mothers from StoryCorps", and "All There Is: Love Stories from StoryCorps".
You can listen to the stories from StoryCorps' visit to New Hamsphire here.