Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Sun March 23, 2014
Stranded Snowmobilers Rescued In North Country
Two snowmobilers were rescued early Sunday morning in the North Country after their machines bogged down in deep snow, leaving them stranded, according to a news release from New Hampshire Fish and Game.
A 911 cellular call asking for help came about 10:30 Saturday night, said Conservation Office Chris Egan.
The callers couldn’t be reached in a return call, but it appeared the call came from an area near Pittsburg. Groomers from local clubs were notified and Egan headed to the area on his snowmobile.
He reported finding the two women just after midnight, walking down a trail near Cowen Hill. They were tired and thirsty but properly equipped for the weather, he said.