Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Tue November 6, 2012
Strong Turnout in Littleton
With voting underway the first reports from the North Country indicate a strong turnout.
From right after the polls opened voting in Littleton was so heavy that parking became a problem, says Police Captain Chris Tyler.
“By 8’o’clock there was full capacity. The sides streets started filling up.”
By about 9:30 police had three people directing traffic.
Inside, voting booths were consistently full.
Gerald Winn is the town moderator.
“It has been steady. There has been a line right from the beginning. About an hour and a half in we’re 365 voters through already.”
And outside there was a steady stream of vehicles vying to parking spots.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen
Word of Mouth