Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Tue November 6, 2012
Strong Turnout in Littleton
With voting underway the first reports from the North Country indicate a strong turnout.
From right after the polls opened voting in Littleton was so heavy that parking became a problem, says Police Captain Chris Tyler.
“By 8’o’clock there was full capacity. The sides streets started filling up.”
By about 9:30 police had three people directing traffic.
Inside, voting booths were consistently full.
Gerald Winn is the town moderator.
“It has been steady. There has been a line right from the beginning. About an hour and a half in we’re 365 voters through already.”
And outside there was a steady stream of vehicles vying to parking spots.
For NHPR News this is Chris Jensen
Word of Mouth