Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Abigail Hernandez Back Home With Family
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
How We Work
Fri November 22, 2013
Students Speak On Economy, College & Careers
At the height of the recession, the Class of 2011 was taking PSATs and perusing college brochures. What is it like to make plans for your future in a country whose economic future is uncertain?
To find out, we talk to four former students of Pembroke Academy: Matthew Lindsay, junior at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute; Sarah Kelley, junior at University of New Hampshire; Hannah David, junior at University of New Hampshire; and Kali Mara, senior at Plymouth State University
- What were you hearing about the state of the economy when you were in high school?
- When you graduated, how did what you heard match up with reality?
- What are your college & career plans? How, if at all, have they been shaped by the state of the economy?
- When you look toward the future, what do you think it holds for you & others your age?
How We Work: 5 Years Later