Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Thu November 22, 2012
Study Questions Mammograms 'Overdiagnosis'
Originally published on Thu November 22, 2012 4:57 am
New analysis in The New England Journal of Medicine finds mammography screenings overdiagnosed breast cancer about a third of the time. The study says that although mammograms have greatly increased the detection of cancer in its early stages, they haven't had much impact on reducing deaths from breast cancer. Renee Montagne talks with Dr. Len Lichtenfeld of the American Cancer Society about implications for screening.