Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Word of Mouth
Tue May 22, 2012
Style for the Ages (and the Aged!)
Not everybody can make white hair and over large glasses look fashionable – but then few carry have the flair of 90-year old socialite and now makeup mogul, Iris Apfel. One of the striking subjects of a new book by Ari Seth Cohen called Advanced Style. The book, like the blog which inspired it, puts New York City’s stylish woman past a certain age on parade. Isabel Wilkinson is a fashion and arts reporter for the Daily Beast – she sees advanced style as part of a larger trend in a fashion industry no longer hostage to the Waifish Fashionistas in the 16-28 demographic.
Check this out, even adult diaper maker Depends is on board with their target demographic wearing slightly hipper, more fitted clothing...