Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Wed May 30, 2012
Sugarhill, N.H. Post Office Now Open Only 30 Minutes Each Day
SUGAR HILL, N.H. (AP) — A rural post office in northern New Hampshire is now open just a half-hour a day for customers to buy stamps.
No other services are available at the Sugar Hill post office across from Town Hall. A rural carrier from Lisbon is running it from 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Customers found out Friday when they saw a notice posted on the door.
Lisbon Postmaster Ron Spaulding tells the Caledonian Record the decision comes out of the Northern New England District office of the United States Postal Service. Messages left with the operations manager were not returned.
The town offices and local businesses use the post office regularly.
The Sugar Hill office survived an effort to close it in 1991.