Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
- At Dartmouth, Sidelines Robot Could Be Key To Quickly Diagnosing Football Concussions
Wed May 30, 2012
Sugarhill, N.H. Post Office Now Open Only 30 Minutes Each Day
SUGAR HILL, N.H. (AP) — A rural post office in northern New Hampshire is now open just a half-hour a day for customers to buy stamps.
No other services are available at the Sugar Hill post office across from Town Hall. A rural carrier from Lisbon is running it from 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Customers found out Friday when they saw a notice posted on the door.
Lisbon Postmaster Ron Spaulding tells the Caledonian Record the decision comes out of the Northern New England District office of the United States Postal Service. Messages left with the operations manager were not returned.
The town offices and local businesses use the post office regularly.
The Sugar Hill office survived an effort to close it in 1991.