Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Wed August 7, 2013
A Summer Astronomy Update
We’ll examine some of the latest headlines from Space Science. There’s a huge amount of excitement about the “Comet of the Century”, coming this fall. Also, NASA’s Mars rover “Curiosity” turns one year old and mysterious geysers on one of Saturn’s moons leads to speculation about the presence of water far out in Space.
- Mal Cameron - Former coordinator of the NASA Educator Resource Center at the McAuliffe-Sheppard Discovery Center and an educator at the Center.
- John Gianforte - Co-founder of the Astronomical Society of Northern New England and an astronomy instructor for Granite State College and UNH. His website is theskyguy.org.
Click here to see a video as to why dead skin and taking off your socks could be detrimental to your health in space.
Click here to watch a preview of the movie 'Europa'. A sci-fi flick based around a mission to Jupiter's moon Europa.
Click here to learn more about the 2013 New England Fall Astronomy Festival at UNH.