Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue April 22, 2014
Sunapee Expansion Back On Trial
A longstanding legal dispute between the operators of Mount Sunapee Resort and the New Hampshire officials who blocked expansion plans is on trial once again.
A lawyer for the resort operators says state officials misled them into thinking they could expand and build condominiums when the state leased the ski area portion of the state park to the Sunapee Difference LLC in 1998.
The Concord Monitor reports the lawyer argued Monday his clients lost millions in potential revenues.
Lawyers for the state maintain there is no evidence state officials misled the Sunapee Difference principals into believing they could lease additional land for expansion.
The state Supreme Court last year sent the case back to Merrimack County Superior Court to resolve the deception dispute.