After months of anticipation, the Supreme Court overturned The Defense of Marriage Act, and ruled California’s proposition eight unconstitutional. Both are considered major decisions for the gay rights movement. We’ll look closer at these rulings and what they may mean for the Granite State.
- Jordan Budd, professor at UNH Law, specializing in civil rights, constitutional law, and the federal courts.
- Buzz Scherr professor at UNH Law; Chair and President of the New Hampshire Civil Liberties Union.
We'll also hear from:
- Jim Splaine - Former Democratic state representative and Senator from Portsmouth and lead sponsor of the state’s same-sex marriage law.
- Chris Paul - Practices Trusts and Estates law for the McLane Law Firm
- Ashley Pratte - Executive director of Cornerstone, a conservative think-tank located in Concord.