Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Around the Nation
Fri March 28, 2014
Taco Bell Commercial Takes A Jab At McDonald's
Originally published on Mon March 31, 2014 12:12 pm
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep. Taco Bell stuck it to McDonald's. The fast-food chain is broadcasting TV ads featuring Ronald McDonald. Dozens of people who are really named Ronald McDonald promote Taco Bell. While tweaking the McDonald's mascot, they also promote Taco Bell's authentic Mexican cuisine, including a breakfast waffle taco.
Now there's no word if the McDonald's chain to retaliate by filling its ads with talking Chihuahuas or, for that matter, with people whose last name is Bell. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.