Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Wed January 23, 2013
Tanlines On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed January 23, 2013 4:14 pm
Tanlines has been turning heads since its formation in 2008. Eric Emm and Jesse Cohen make up the Brooklyn-based duo, who met while working on a song for Cohen's other band, the dance-punk group Professor Murder.
With Emm on guitar and vocals and Cohen on drums, keyboard and various electronic instruments, Tanlines has carved its niche as a force in the electronic pop scene. The band released its debut album, Mixed Emotions, early last year and has performed with Vampire Weekend, Julian Casablancas and Rick Ross.
Here, the duo plays a few songs from Mixed Emotions for World Cafe and talks with host David Dye about recording the album.