Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sun April 13, 2014
Tea Party Senator Mike Lee Addresses Granite Staters At Freedom Summit
Political conservatives including Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Huckabee addressed Granite Staters in Manchester yesterday at the Freedom Summit. Many of the speakers criticized so-called "Obamacare" and the administration's handling of Benghazi. But Utah Senator and Tea Party favorite Mike Lee implored attendees to move away from complaining about policies, and start rallying around an agenda.
“As Republicans, as conservatives, we’ve got to be far more engaged in the act of finding converts than identifying heretics. We need to sharpen more pencils than knives,” he said.
But at the same time, Lee told Tea Party members not to fall in line with GOP leadership, and to continue pushing their agenda.
Word of Mouth - Segment