Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Sun April 13, 2014
Tea Party Senator Mike Lee Addresses Granite Staters At Freedom Summit
Political conservatives including Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, and Mike Huckabee addressed Granite Staters in Manchester yesterday at the Freedom Summit. Many of the speakers criticized so-called "Obamacare" and the administration's handling of Benghazi. But Utah Senator and Tea Party favorite Mike Lee implored attendees to move away from complaining about policies, and start rallying around an agenda.
“As Republicans, as conservatives, we’ve got to be far more engaged in the act of finding converts than identifying heretics. We need to sharpen more pencils than knives,” he said.
But at the same time, Lee told Tea Party members not to fall in line with GOP leadership, and to continue pushing their agenda.
Word of Mouth - Segment