Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
Thu January 16, 2014
Telecom Exec Named New Dean Of UNH Manchester
Telecommunications industry executive J. Michael Hickey has been chosen to lead the Manchester campus of the University of New Hampshire and its roughly 1,200 students.
The 62-year-old Newmarket resident has worked for Verizon for more than two decades, most recently directing the company's policy development and advocacy in Washington. He previously served as director of the state Division of Economic Development and of the Mount Washington Valley Chamber of Commerce. He is a graduate of UNH.
Hickey replaces Ali Rafieymehr, who resigned in November after just 15 months on the job. The university gave few details about the reasons for that resignation.
Hickey begins serving as dean next week.