Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed August 13, 2014
Tensions Remain High In Ferguson, After Violent Morning
Four days after the fatal police shooting of unarmed teenager Michael Brown, the atmosphere remains tense in Ferguson, Missouri.
Early this morning, police shot a man they say pointed a handgun at an officer. The man is said to be in critical condition at a local hospital.
This comes after a drive-by shooting in which a woman was shot in the head. Two community gatherings last night called for justice.
St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter Steve Giegerich attended one of the gatherings, and has been covering the story. He tells Here & Now’s Robin Young about the unrest and ongoing reaction to Brown’s killing.