Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Look North Tonight: Aurora Borealis Stargazing Tips
- Updated: Garcia Slams Obamacare But Won't Say How She Is Covered
- UNH Math Professor Receives 2014 MacArthur 'Genius' Award After Prime Number Discovery
- Edible Packaging? Retailers Not Quite Ready For Stonyfield's Wrapperless Yogurt
- New Farmer-To-Locavore Business Model At Odds With State Regulations
Wed June 20, 2012
Is There More Summer Heat in Store For New Hampshire This Year? Yes - Eventually
You don’t need us to tell you this, but it’s hot today in New Hampshire. Temperatures have been reaching into the 90’s where they were in the 70’s earlier in the week. There have been heat advisories and a number of New Hampshire towns have opened up cooling centers.
And, appropriately enough, the hot weather comes just as we mark the official start of summer. Meteorologist Gary Best talks with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about what's behind this week's hot weather, if there's more hot weather coming to the state this summer and what kind of severe storm activity New Hampshire might see this year.