Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Wed June 20, 2012
Is There More Summer Heat in Store For New Hampshire This Year? Yes - Eventually
You don’t need us to tell you this, but it’s hot today in New Hampshire. Temperatures have been reaching into the 90’s where they were in the 70’s earlier in the week. There have been heat advisories and a number of New Hampshire towns have opened up cooling centers.
And, appropriately enough, the hot weather comes just as we mark the official start of summer. Meteorologist Gary Best talks with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about what's behind this week's hot weather, if there's more hot weather coming to the state this summer and what kind of severe storm activity New Hampshire might see this year.