Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Wed June 20, 2012
Is There More Summer Heat in Store For New Hampshire This Year? Yes - Eventually
You don’t need us to tell you this, but it’s hot today in New Hampshire. Temperatures have been reaching into the 90’s where they were in the 70’s earlier in the week. There have been heat advisories and a number of New Hampshire towns have opened up cooling centers.
And, appropriately enough, the hot weather comes just as we mark the official start of summer. Meteorologist Gary Best talks with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about what's behind this week's hot weather, if there's more hot weather coming to the state this summer and what kind of severe storm activity New Hampshire might see this year.