Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Newbie Urban Gardeners Don't Realize How Much Soil Is Contaminated
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
Thu September 26, 2013
Third Person Charged In Deadly Hampton Bike Crash
A third person has been charged in connection with a crash into a group of cyclists in New Hampshire over the weekend that killed two women from Massachusetts.
Nineteen-year-old Scott Martin of Seabrook is facing a charge of allowing 19-year-old Darriean Hess to drive his car without a license.
Hess, ordered held on $50,000 bail, was arraigned Wednesday via video from jail. She's charged with negligent homicide.
Forty-eight-year-old Cindy Sheppard of Hampton is charged with selling a painkiller to Hess and allowing her to drive without a license.
Police say Hess was driving too fast and without a license when she ran into the cyclists on an annual ride in Hampton on Saturday. Two riders died and two were injured.