Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Sun March 10, 2013
Three Snowmobile Crashes Saturday In North Country
There were three snowmobile crashes in the North Country Saturday, including two in which riders were injured, according to New Hampshire Fish and Game.
The first involved 32-year-old Kevin Brigham of Brookline, New Hampshire who lost control of his snowmobile and struck an oncoming snowmobile, Conservation Officer Geoffrey Younglove wrote in a news release. Brigham suffered internal injuries in the crash on Trail 18 and was taken by helicopter to a hospital in Maine.
The second accident involved David Hoyt, 31, of Northfield, NH who lost control of his snowmobile in Dixville and struck a tree, Younglove reported. He was not injured but was ticketed for “unreasonable speed.”
The last crash occurred in Pittsburg when Mary Rebecca Rose, 24, hit a tree, was thrown from the machine and suffered “non-life threatening injuries.” No hometown was given for Rose.