Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Worth Preserving? 'Ugly' Concord Building At Center Of Debate Over Mid-Century Design
All Things Considered
Thu March 1, 2012
To the Top of Mount Washington, By Dog Team
The winter storm was a change of pace for just about every part of New Hampshire, with the exception of Mount Washington. The forecasters who work at the Mount Washington Observatory say they’ve been getting snow all week, and at night winds of over 100 miles per hour.
That’s enough to keep most of us on the ground for the rest of winter, but not Karen Tolin. She and some colleagues are not only planning a trip to the summit next week, but they’re getting there by dog team.
Karen is co-owner of Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel in Jefferson, which is making a sled dog summit attempt next week. She tells All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about the event.