Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
- First Of Five Health Insurers Outline 2015 Exchange Plans
- At Dartmouth, Sidelines Robot Could Be Key To Quickly Diagnosing Football Concussions
- Garcia Brings Conservative Cred to N.H. Congressional Race
All Things Considered
Thu March 1, 2012
To the Top of Mount Washington, By Dog Team
The winter storm was a change of pace for just about every part of New Hampshire, with the exception of Mount Washington. The forecasters who work at the Mount Washington Observatory say they’ve been getting snow all week, and at night winds of over 100 miles per hour.
That’s enough to keep most of us on the ground for the rest of winter, but not Karen Tolin. She and some colleagues are not only planning a trip to the summit next week, but they’re getting there by dog team.
Karen is co-owner of Muddy Paw Sled Dog Kennel in Jefferson, which is making a sled dog summit attempt next week. She tells All Things Considered host Brady Carlson about the event.