Top Stories Read Online
1) NPR News: UCONN Claims Resveratrol Researcher Falsified Work - The already shaky case for the anti-aging powers of resveratrol, a substance in red wine, is looking a little shakier.
2) North Country: Criminal Charges In Colebrook Explosion That Killed Two - The owner of a Colebrook plant that exploded in 2012 faces criminal charges.
3) Campaign 2012: Republican Presidential Candidates Make Last Push - A check-in on the candidates last push leading up to the N.H. primary.
4) StateImpact: Lawsuits Over State Cuts To Medicaid - Attorneys for the state and for ten N.H. hospitals are in federal court this week. The hospitals are suing the state over major cuts in Medicaid.
5) The Exchange: Author Colin Woodard And His New Book "American Nations" - A discussion with Colin Woodard on America's political divisions.
6) StateImpact: Citizens Bank Workers Likely Untouched By Parent Company RBS Layoffs - The Boston Globe reports the Royal Bank of Scotland Group plans to cut 4,800 jobs in response to “volatile markets and new regulations in the United Kingdom.”
7) NH News: Hospitals Detail Service Cuts In Court - A coalition of hospitals in the state testified in federal court today/Tuesday that state budget cuts have forced them to restrict care for the poor.
8) Word of Mouth: Meet The Blogger Behind Gwarlingo - Producer Taylor Quimby was just doing his job when he clicked on a link to Gwarlingo, a beautiful, brilliantly executed blog of essays, art reviews, photographs, poetry and miscellany.
9) NH News: Change In Policy May Help Immigrants Stay In The U.S. - A new administration policy set in August allows undocumented immigrants without criminal records to stay in the United States.
10) StateImpact: For Your Entertainment: Tourism And One Of Primary Night's Most Amusing Tweets - We were rather entertained by this tweet from Union-Leader Editorial Page Editor Drew Cline.