Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Fri August 16, 2013
Tourist Killed In ATV Accident In Southern New Hampshire
A 56-year-old tourist was killed in an accident involving an all-terrain vehicle Thursday evening near Fremont, according to a news release from Fish and Game.
The victim was identified as Dulce Compres-Nunez of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.
Fish and Game said she was a passenger on an ATV driven by 23-year-old Yefrey Perez of Methuen, Mass. Perez lost control and struck a tree. Both riders were wearing helmets. Perez suffered minor injuries.
The accident occurred about 7:30 p.m. the Rockingham Recreational Trail near South Road in Fremont.
It was the second fatality in the state in about three and one-half years, according to records from Fish and Game.