Most Active Stories
- A Huge, New Ski Resort At The Balsams?
- Rail Study Group Expects 3,000 Riders Daily Between Manchester and Boston
- N.H. Senate Approves Medicaid Expansion Proposal
- Miss. Man Thought Dead, Comes Back To Life On Embalming Table
- With Escalating Heroin Epidemic In Portsmouth, City's Reputation Could Be On The Line
Fri August 16, 2013
Tourist Killed In ATV Accident In Southern New Hampshire
A 56-year-old tourist was killed in an accident involving an all-terrain vehicle Thursday evening near Fremont, according to a news release from Fish and Game.
The victim was identified as Dulce Compres-Nunez of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic.
Fish and Game said she was a passenger on an ATV driven by 23-year-old Yefrey Perez of Methuen, Mass. Perez lost control and struck a tree. Both riders were wearing helmets. Perez suffered minor injuries.
The accident occurred about 7:30 p.m. the Rockingham Recreational Trail near South Road in Fremont.
It was the second fatality in the state in about three and one-half years, according to records from Fish and Game.