Most Active Stories
- Podcast Special: Crime Writers On Serial, Episode 10 Discussion
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
Sun December 30, 2012
Tracing The Big Meningitis Outbreak Of 2012
Originally published on Sun December 30, 2012 12:45 pm
One thing 2012 will surely be remembered for is the deadly fungal meningitis outbreak which swept across the country. In total, 39 people died and more than 370 people were sickened after a compounding pharmacy in Massachusetts released tainted drugs. Blake Farmer of member station WPLN reports from Nashville, Tenn., on where the outbreak was first discovered.