Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Look North Tonight: Aurora Borealis Stargazing Tips
- Updated: Garcia Slams Obamacare But Won't Say How She Is Covered
- UNH Math Professor Receives 2014 MacArthur 'Genius' Award After Prime Number Discovery
- Edible Packaging? Retailers Not Quite Ready For Stonyfield's Wrapperless Yogurt
- New Farmer-To-Locavore Business Model At Odds With State Regulations
Fri January 11, 2013
Trey Anastasio On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon February 4, 2013 3:33 pm
In addition to leading Phish, one of rock's most beloved jam bands, Trey Anastasio has built a successful solo career in the past 10 years with his Trey Anastasio Band. His latest album, Traveler, was produced by Peter Katis, a renowned engineer who's worked with Interpol, The National and The Swell Season, among others. The album also features guest performances by members of The National and Mates of State.
In this edition of World Cafe, Anastasio sits down for an in-depth interview and tells the story behind his song "Valentine," which he wrote after getting sober.
This segment originally aired on January 11, 2013.