Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- Bill Would Require N.H. Employers To Offer Five Sick Days Per Year
Sun October 30, 2011
Trooper Crashes Chasing Speeder
A state trooper chasing a speeder early Saturday morning in the North Country lost control of his cruiser and crashed, allowing the speeder to escape, according to a news release from Troop F.
The release said the chase began about 12:55 am in Franconia when the trooper attempted to stop a gray or silver BMW coupe for a traffic violation.
The vehicle fled on Route 116, a particularly twisty and challenging road, towards Easton.
The trooper went off the road on a curve near the Franconia Inn with the vehicle coming to rest on its side. The trooper was treated for minor injuries. The damage to the cruiser was described as “heavy.”
The fleeing vehicle had a New Hampshire plate with the first three digits being 334.
Police said anyone with information should call the NH State Police at 846-3333.