Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Officials: Altercation Preceded Murder Of Rumney Chiropracter
- Timber-Frame Architect Wins Competition With Wooden Sky-Scraper Column
- Summer Camp: An Antidote To 'Helicopter Parenting?'
- N.H. Officials Asking Pool Owners To Check For Invasive Insects
Word of Mouth
Thu September 6, 2012
True Story: Heist at Canada's Strategic Maple Syrup Reserve
We in New Hampshire tend to think of ourselves as living in the heart of maple syrup country –in reality, Canada is by far the largest producer. Seventy-five percent of the world’s supply is tapped in the province of Quebec alone. News of a recent – and rather daring heist at Canada’s strategic maple syrup reserve had us wondering what happened and, since when does Canada have a strategic maple syrup reserve? Jordan Weissman answered those sticky questions in an article for the Atlantic magazine – he joins us to fill us in.