Most Active Stories
- Police In Riot Gear Clash With Crowd In Keene, Several Injuries Reported
- Pop-Up Party Company Under Scrutiny For Role In Keene Riots
- Is Party Company 'FinnaRage' To Blame For Keene Riots?
- Keene Police Release Riot Photos, Ask Public To Help ID Suspects
- Keene State Students Clean Up After Mayhem Near Pumpkin Fest
All Things Considered
Thu August 8, 2013
Two Chains Close N.H. Stores In A Competitive Grocery Industry
The state is deploying its Rapid Response Team to assist over 1,100 workers set to lose their jobs as two supermarket chains close some of their stores.
Shaw’s is planning to shutter six of its 34 New Hampshire supermarkets, while Stop and Shop is closing all of its stores and gas stations in the state.
To better understand these moves and the bigger picture in groceries we turn to Kathleen Callahan, who’s been reporting on the industry for the New Hampshire Business Review. She talks with All Things Considered host Brady Carlson.