Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Wed October 9, 2013
Two NH Men Killed When Torch Set Off Fireworks Blast
Investigators say two New Hampshire men who died in an explosion at Hopkinton landscaping company were using a cutting torch to break into a metal container housing fireworks.
Fire marshals say 21-year-old Lucas Burke of Allenstown and 21-year-old Ethan Keeler of Epsom set off the explosion early Tuesday morning.
They say the men were using an oxy-acetylene cutting torch to get into the container. Officials say they were not authorized to be on the property.
State fire marshals did not immediately return a call seeking comment on whether the men knew the container held fireworks.
Officials say the fireworks were consumer-grade, not commercial-grade.
The bodies of both men were found in a detached workshop at New Yard landscaping after the 1:30 a.m. blast.