Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
- Star Island Seeks To Go Solar, Serve As Energy Example
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
Sat January 18, 2014
Two Rockingham County Attorney's Office Employees Resign
Tom Reid, a deputy to suspended Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams, has resigned. Authorities suspended Reams and Reid in November, at the outset of a state and federal investigation into office operations and management.
Attorney General Joe Foster said Reid submitted his resignation Friday, several days after a third employee who had been placed on administrative leave resigned her position.
In a statement, Foster noted the deputy county attorney was not the target of the criminal investigation, and that there was no evidence he had engaged in criminal wrongdoing.
Reams, meanwhile, denies any improper conduct, and he continues to challenge his suspension. Reams was set to return to court Tuesday in his latest bid for reinstatement, but both sides have agreed to postpone that until March.