Most Active Stories
- Bradley Completes 'Grid' Of 4,000-Footers, Every Mountain In Every Month
- Dartmouth Once Again Weighing Value Of Greek Life On Campus
- How Kickstarter Kept A North Country Cafe Open - And Kept It In The Family
- Freezing Rain Causes Treacherous Roadways, Multiple Accidents
- PSNH To Change Name To Eversource Energy
Sat January 18, 2014
Two Rockingham County Attorney's Office Employees Resign
Tom Reid, a deputy to suspended Rockingham County Attorney Jim Reams, has resigned. Authorities suspended Reams and Reid in November, at the outset of a state and federal investigation into office operations and management.
Attorney General Joe Foster said Reid submitted his resignation Friday, several days after a third employee who had been placed on administrative leave resigned her position.
In a statement, Foster noted the deputy county attorney was not the target of the criminal investigation, and that there was no evidence he had engaged in criminal wrongdoing.
Reams, meanwhile, denies any improper conduct, and he continues to challenge his suspension. Reams was set to return to court Tuesday in his latest bid for reinstatement, but both sides have agreed to postpone that until March.