Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Wed July 23, 2014
Two Seabrook Officers Fired After Police Brutality Investigation
Two Seabrook Police Officers were fired Wednesday in connection with the November 2009 assault of a man who had been taken into custody.
The incident took place four and a half years ago, but didn’t become public until earlier this year, when the assault victim, now 24 year old Mike Bergeron, posted a video of the incident on YouTube.
In the video, Officers Mark Richardson and Adam Laurent are seen shoving Bergeron, then 19, headfirst into a concrete wall.
Seabrook Town Manager William Manzi says the investigation was independent and fair.
While we’re not happy about what happened, I think the chief and the board and myself feel we’ve shown that this type of conduct will not be tolerated in the town of Seabrook.
A third officer who was present during the assault was suspended without pay for two days. Their supervisor, Lieutenant John Wasson, has been reduced in rank to patrolman.