Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Tue December 18, 2012
Unemployment In N.H. Ticks Down To 5.6%
In November, the state’s unemployment rate fell a tenth of a point to 5.6 percent. But that wasn’t due to strong job growth…instead, fewer New Hampshire residents are looking for jobs.
Data from the New Hampshire Employment Security office show that the state’s retail and hospitality industries continue to show strength.
But despite resilience through the Great Recession, the state is starting to shed jobs in the health care and education sector.
Last year at this time, the state’s unemployment rate stood at 5.3 percent.
The nation’s unemployment rate is 7.7 percent.