Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Adults Who Wear Kids' Clothing: Saving Money Through Size
Tue May 13, 2014
Unemployment Rate Drops To 4.4%
The state’s unemployment rate ticked down one-tenth to 4.4% in April, according to new data from New Hampshire Employment Security.
Construction, retail and hospitality sectors all posted gains, but the state shed about 900 jobs in local government.
The total number of employed residents was up 2,200 to 714,640, while the labor force increased by 1,040 to 747,380.
The overall rate is down nearly a full point from last April. Nationally, unemployment stands at 6.3%.