Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
Wed July 23, 2014
UNH Reports Record Fundraising Year
The University of New Hampshire raised a record $49.2 million in private donations last year, with the largest gift accounting for about 40 percent of the total.
The results for the fiscal year ending June 30 were 35 percent above the previous year's record of $35.8 million.
The largest gift was a $20 million donation in September from television producer Marcy Carsey, a 1996 UNH graduate. That money is being used to create the Carsey School of Public Policy that is opening this fall.