Most Active Stories
- Former UNH Student Goes It Alone In Criminal Court, Wins 'Not Guilty' Verdict
- Update: Speaker Demands Apology For Abortion Remark During Debate Over Fourth Graders' Bird Bill
- Update: N.H. AG Says Murder-Suicide Likely In Deaths Of Bedford Mother, Two Children
- Report: Former Chief Justice Banned From UNH Law's Rudman Center
- Why Human Feeding Can Hurt Deer
Wed July 23, 2014
UNH Reports Record Fundraising Year
The University of New Hampshire raised a record $49.2 million in private donations last year, with the largest gift accounting for about 40 percent of the total.
The results for the fiscal year ending June 30 were 35 percent above the previous year's record of $35.8 million.
The largest gift was a $20 million donation in September from television producer Marcy Carsey, a 1996 UNH graduate. That money is being used to create the Carsey School of Public Policy that is opening this fall.