Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
- On Demand: What's New To Netflix, Redbox, And Amazon Prime For July 2014
- Winnipesaukee's Mail Boat Is Part Floating Post Office, Part Time Machine
Tue April 29, 2014
UNH's $2M Athletic Center Will House Tutors For Athletes
Construction will begin soon on a new $2 million athletic facility on the second floor of UNH’s Field House. The Student-Athlete Center for Excellence is slated to open late next fall.
Mike Murphy, with the Athletic Department, says the new space should help the school attract athletes to campus.
So it’s going to be both areas where students can have breakout rooms where they can work in tandem, but they also will have rooms where they can have advisors, tutors, and career assistance.
The center will also house the Athletic department’s Academic support staff, who previously worked out of smaller basement quarters.
The $2 million athletic center is funded entirely on private donations. Earlier this year, the school approved $20 million toward a new sports complex. That project drew criticism from lawmakers.