Most Active Stories
- Multiple Votes, Procedural Fights Result In N.H. House Speaker Upset
- From 'Mankind' To Saint Mick: Mick Foley's Journey From Wrestling Cage To Santa's Village
- Kinder Morgan Officially Moves Preferred Pipeline Route To N.H.
- Best Books For The Holidays, 2014
- In Somersworth, Friends, Not Jobs, Bring Millennials Home
Mon November 4, 2013
The Uproar Over Common Core.
New Hampshire adopted these new public school standards several years ago... one of forty five states to do so. Now, while many districts are on the path, more pushback has developed in some communities, especially from groups suspicious of outside involvement in local public education. Today we'll look at the current debates around Common Core.
- Mark Conrad – Superintendent of schools for the Nashua School District
- Sam Evans Brown – Education reporter for NHPR
- Laura Hainey – President of the American Federation of Teachers, New Hampshire
We'll also hear from
- Ann-Marie Banfield – Education liaison for Cornerstone Action
More information and reporting on Common Core: