Most Active Stories
- State To Shut Down Lakeview Special Ed School, Hassan Says More Actions To Come
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Winning $146K On 'Jeopardy!' Was N.H. Woman's Lifelong Dream Come True
- Company Says Taking River Water For Balsams Snowmaking Would Hurt Hydroelectric Facilities
- Meet Peter Biello, NHPR's New 'All Things Considered' Host
Mon November 4, 2013
The Uproar Over Common Core.
New Hampshire adopted these new public school standards several years ago... one of forty five states to do so. Now, while many districts are on the path, more pushback has developed in some communities, especially from groups suspicious of outside involvement in local public education. Today we'll look at the current debates around Common Core.
- Mark Conrad – Superintendent of schools for the Nashua School District
- Sam Evans Brown – Education reporter for NHPR
- Laura Hainey – President of the American Federation of Teachers, New Hampshire
We'll also hear from
- Ann-Marie Banfield – Education liaison for Cornerstone Action
More information and reporting on Common Core: