Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Word of Mouth
Wed September 5, 2012
Urban Poverty vs Rural Poverty...Who's Better off?
Urban Squalor, it’s an image of misery: barefoot kids picking through heaps of smoldering trash or fetid water. With an increasing number of people living in such conditions in the world’s mega-cities, the question of whether living in urban poverty is worse than rural poverty is a persistent one. Charles Kenny- economist and senior fellow at the center for global development wrote “In Praise of Slums” an article published in Foreign Policy Magazine.
Plus, Handheld Stories offers a ray of hope to a few kids in slums around the world.