Most Active Stories
- Historic Ice-Out Of Winnipesaukee Expected
- Mariano Rivera Jr. To Play For Laconia Muskrats This Summer
- New N.H. Housing Report: Demographics & Housing Mismatch
- A Glimpse At Your Future Electric Bill? N.H. Utility Experiments Encourage Conservation
- Wind Farm Owner OK With Expanding Ski Slopes At Balsams If Safety Isn't An Issue
Tue March 5, 2013
U.S.: Diplomats Shouldn't Drink Before Budget Meeting
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Steve Inskeep with a call for a reform at the United Nations.
Joseph M. Torsella represents the United States on the U.N. budget committee. He says it's a tough budget process, complicated by diplomats who show up drunk. Ambassador Torsella made, quote, "the modest proposal that the negotiating room should be inebriation-free." He says he wants this, even though sloshed negotiators have provided the U.S. with, quote, "strategic opportunities." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.