Most Active Stories
- Sen. Kelly Ayotte's State Director Resigns Following Prostitution-Related Arrest
- O'Malley Connects With Young N.H. Voters -- Musically
- Fish And Game Gets An Earful On Proposed Ban Of Chocolate As Bear Bait
- Keene City Council Rejects Permit For 2015 Pumpkin Festival
- N.H. House Passes Budget, Cuts $300 Million From Hassan's Plan
Mon October 8, 2012
U.S. House Speaker Boehner Rallies Support; Ignores Big Bird
Speaker of the House John Boehner is the latest high profile Republican to stump in New Hampshire.
At a GOP campaign office in Derry, Speaker Boehner thanked volunteers for their work. He applauded Mitt Romney’s recent debate performance, saying the former Massachusetts Governor "made the sale" to the American people.
And Boehner said the stakes couldn’t be any higher this election Day.
"The most important election of our lifetime is going to happen this November, because the American people can’t handle four more years of Barack Obama’s economic policies. His policies have failed. They’ve actually made things worse."
Boehner told supporters that Romney knows how to create jobs.
Big Bird staged a small protest outside of the event. The Sesame Street character held a sign saying ‘This middle class tax hike brought to you by the letters R-O-M-N-E-Y.'
During the debate, Romney said he would cut funding to PBS.