Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Investigators Ask For Public's Help In Ongoing Abigail Hernandez Investigation
- Why Are So Many People Trying A Gluten-Free Diet? Should They?
- Gorham Man Charged With Kidnapping Abigail Hernandez
- Ousted CEO Arthur T. Demoulas Wants To Buy Market Basket Chain
- Bare Shelves, High Spirits As Market Basket Employees Continue Rally
Mon October 8, 2012
U.S. House Speaker Boehner Rallies Support; Ignores Big Bird
Speaker of the House John Boehner is the latest high profile Republican to stump in New Hampshire.
At a GOP campaign office in Derry, Speaker Boehner thanked volunteers for their work. He applauded Mitt Romney’s recent debate performance, saying the former Massachusetts Governor "made the sale" to the American people.
And Boehner said the stakes couldn’t be any higher this election Day.
"The most important election of our lifetime is going to happen this November, because the American people can’t handle four more years of Barack Obama’s economic policies. His policies have failed. They’ve actually made things worse."
Boehner told supporters that Romney knows how to create jobs.
Big Bird staged a small protest outside of the event. The Sesame Street character held a sign saying ‘This middle class tax hike brought to you by the letters R-O-M-N-E-Y.'
During the debate, Romney said he would cut funding to PBS.